Monday, March 30, 2009

PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW

In December, just before Andrew was born, Kassie went and got their family a 10 week old Golden Retriever/Cocker Spaniel mix. After two weeks she couldn't deal with her, so I said we would take her. Now I know you are all laughing! Gaylene has a big "S" tattooed on her forehead, you know the one that says 'SUCKER'. I bawled my eyes out thinking she was going to go somewhere where they wouldn't love her. So Sofee came to our house on New Years Eve.

We have had her up until today. It was a hard decision, because she is just adorable, has a great personality, but it was her or one of the kids! I didn't think Kassie and RJ would let me raffle off a kiddoe, so it had to be Sofee.





I mentioned to my friend Susan, when she delivered Girl Scout Cookies, if she wanted a dog, I would give her Sofee (half joking of course). But she called a few days later and asked if I was serious. I hemmed and hawwed and said not really, but then the dam broke last week and I knew I had to do something.

The Sisson's came and got her today. I bawled my eyes out last night, knowing it was the last time she would sleep and cuddle with me. I cried all morning because the kids were actually being kind to her and having a blast with her. And me, knowing full well she going on a permanent vacation to a house full of bigger kids that could spend more quality time and energy on her and her needs.

So goodbye Sofee. We love you. We will visit you and we will see you when the Sissons are on vacation for a sleep over.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Sofee is a darling puppy, but I'm so glad you have one less thing on your plate, and I'm so glad you found a happy home for her to go to so you don't have to deal with GUILT. You did the right thing.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;