Monday, March 23, 2009

GRILLED CHEESE TACOS???

Tonight, I couldn't get up enough energy to cook anything for dinner. My niece came over and with her she brought a burrito of some sort from Taco Bell. As a general rule, I don't like Taco Bell, but I was hungry enough to eat anything.

Mom volunteered to go and get the food. I asked Austin and Ashlynne what they wanted and the answer was "Grilled Cheese Tacos." For heaven's sake, what are those? I have no idea. Kassie and Shayna didn't know, Mom was at a loss. We were just a bit perplexed.

We asked them what they looked like, what was in them (duh, cheese Nana!). Austin gets to the point by making hand gestures of round things like this and you put cheese in them and meot(said like meow)[melt] it. Then roll them up in a little tube.



It finally dawned on us non-three/four year olds that they were talking about quesadillas.

3 comments:

Liz said...

DUH!!!! If it was Tuesday, maybe it would've clicked! J/K Anything goes on Taco Tuesday! Oh the things they come up with! (Are you getting excited for your trip???)

Shanda said...

Very cute! Come on Nana! Get with the lingo! :)

Kerri said...

So funny. Grilled cheese tacos sound good!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;