Saturday, March 28, 2009

HEAR NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL

Have you ever had one of those days? Well it has been one of those weeks at our house. We had all four children last night and I was exhausted. I hate going to bed to an unfinished house when it comes to cleaning and putting things away, but last night, it just wasn't happening. I walked around like a Zombie. Went to bed with two little girls, ages 3 & 3 1/2, bouncing off the walls and then woke up to an absolute disaster in our bathroom this morning.

I heard my mom yell "WHO DID THIS?" Oh great, what has happened?, what have they done?
The yarn that we had rolled up for the Activity Day girls crochet lesson that was left over was all unwound and it looked as though a huge group of cats got into the yarn basket. This is only a small portion that was in their bedroom. I had to pick up the bigger mess that was in the bathroom so we could take showers and get ready for my sisters wedding this eveing.

Here's how the conversation went---
Mom: "Who did this?"
Austin: Ashlynne did it!
Mom: "Ashlynne, did you do this?"
Ashlynne: "No, Janessa did it".
Mom: "Janessa, did you do this?"
Janessa: "No, Austin did it"

I finally threatened them with the big PUNISHMENT and Janessa put her hands on her head and said" Okay, Okay. I did it. Will you just leave us alone now?"
Did she really do it, or was it to get me off of their backs?
Then of course all of us adults are trying not to laugh in front of them.
So it obviously is a case of Hear no evil, See No Evil, Speak no evil from these three mischievous kiddoes.
I swear they are ganging up on me! I am truly getting a bit paranoid.
Tell me this never happens in your homes. I'm sure that none of your children have ever done anything like this. Right?
Okay--well I can hardly wait now for that cruise--only two weeks away and Mexican Riviera, HERE WE COME. Adios!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That NEVER happens at our house! :) What a funny picture of those three innocent cuties!!!! I think your vacation won't come soon enough...aren't you soo excited?!!!

Kerri said...

Oh, Gaylene, my kids are so perfect that I haven't already yelled at them five times today and Ben hasn't had five time outs today. They're always angels. Love the picture.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;