Saturday, December 6, 2008

What's That SMELL?

For a few weeks I keep telling Keith that
I can smell Cat! I'm not too particularly
fond of cats but I will put up with them.

We have a very deep window well in our base-
ment bedroom, so I thought that a neighbor
cat had taken care of business down there.

Then I started to smell it everywhere. The
basement,the living room, the old kitchen.
Keith and my mom thought I was nuts. Then my
sister who is undergoing chemo therapy and
is sensitive to smells said she could smell
it too. Finally I was vindicated.

Then it happened. Mom went into the old
basement portion of our house last week
and said that an area rug she put down there
two weeks ago wasn't dry yet. That was odd,
it was right by the furnace, so it should be
dry. Then she went down a few days ago and
slipped on the rug again, only this time it
was saturated.

The main waterline into our house was leaking
and at a very fast rate. It filled a five
gallon bucket overnight.

My adorable nephew(actually nephew -in-law),
Ben, took time out of his very busy schedule
came and took a look at it. He got a new washer
for the pipes and that was that. It could have
been worse, but then if there isn't a trial at
our house, life isn't worth living. The South
one-third of the basement has to be thoroughly
cleaned up, sanitized and bleached; because
the lovely green mold from the leak has started
to take over.

Who knows how long ago the leak started. Need-
less to say I was blaming a poor defenseless cat
and it was never the cat's fault at all.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh, Gaylene, that Stinks. (Ha ha ha. Ok, it's not funny. I'm so sorry. What a nightmare. I HATE house problems.

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

I'm not to fond of the word "in-law." You can call me your nephew. Glad I could help.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;