Friday, December 12, 2008

PEACE AND QUIET, What is that?

I never thought there would be a time, well at least
for awhile anyway, that I wouldn't know what to do
with a little Peace and Quiet. Austin and Ashlynne
are always here, always loud and into everything.
When the phone woke me up at 11:00 a.m. (yes, I slept
in), Wow, was I surprised at the time. The kids weren't
here so no one woke me up at 7:30.
Now don't get me wrong, there is plenty to do around here,
it's just getting up the gumption, energy, and DESIRE
to get to it and get it done.
I didn't even hop in the shower until 1:30. Then mom and
I looked at each other and thought out loud "now what
do we do, the kids generally keep us occupied with some
thing or another?" An answer came quickly and quite
painlessly--Let's go Christmas Shopping! So of we went.
Peace and Quiet was interrupted this evening by Austin
being dropped off at 7:00 Ashlynne is with my niece,
KoriAnn, in Ogden; so mom and dad could go on a date.
Well it was nice while it lasted.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;