Friday, December 26, 2008

Guess What Santa left Me?

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.
Our house was a crazy mess. I asked everyone not to
come at the same time so there would be more room.
They could come and eat, sort of open-house style,
open their presents and then leave; leaving room for the
next bunch of people to show up and do the same thing.
Somehow, someone talked to someone else, and so on,
and so on, and every-one showed up at the same time;
plus we had one wheelchair and two car-seats taking up
room and a living room that looked like Santa's workshop
with all the gifts.
I counted twenty people and a large dog at one time and
SURPRISE, two people showed up that we didn't know
were coming. All in all it went rather well, considering the
lack of space (but I stayed out of the way and took up
shelter in the kitchen). So, quite literally, I had everyone
and their dog at my house on Christmas Day. I told my
sister that we were having Thanksgiving and Christmas
at her house next year.
Oh, and I got a NEW COMPUTER from Santa Claus, so we
can now download pictures for this boring blog. HOW
EXCITING. Now I will have to learn how to do something
new! I guess it will keep my mind young (ha!ha!ha!).

1 comment:

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

our dog is not that big and she just stayed in the corner. lol.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;