Friday, December 19, 2008

Andrew Russell Rodriguez

At 1:00 this morning, I was just drifting off to sleep when
my final soar into Sandman Heaven (yeah, right!) was
interupted by my mother yelling downstairs that Kassie
was in labor and I needed to head for the hospital.
As most of you know, I am Kassie's psuedo-mother and
if you know her really well, you know she is a total WIMP
when it comes to needles and pain. Oh mercy--what was
she thinking when she found out she was pregnant for the
third time in 4 1/2 years.

Of course my thought was that it was another false alarm.
(she had been in L&D twice for pre-term labor).
Especially when her doctor told her that nothing was
happening. Man, was she ever mad. She was tired of being
pregnant. she went home and did everything she could
think of to bring on the labor.

At 10:30 pm (Dec 18th) she woke up herboyfriend and said
get the kids, I'm in labor.

We got to the hospital and she was dilated to 7cm. There's no
going back now Kassie. She asked the nurse as she was walking
to her room when she could have her EPIDURAL--I Want it
as soon as I can get it!
Kassie hates needles mostly because she is not an easy stick.
With Austin they tried 7 times to get in her I.V. At her visits for
her preterm labor epidodes, it was at least that many.
This nurse was good--only THREE!
they let her rest through the early morning, in part, because I
truthfully think the doctor on call didn't want to make the trip in.

At 7:30 a.m. they stripped her membranes and after 4 hard
pushes, she deliver ANDREW RUSSELL RODRIGUEZ at 9:15
a.m., he weighed in at a monstrous 6.4 lbs (Ashlynne was 3.12),
was 18.5 inches long, and his APGARS were nearly perfect, 8 & 9.
He came 3 1/2 weeks early, but he is doing great and seems to be
a very content baby.
The proud big brother and sister can't wait to see him.


Just to add a little fuel to our on-going fire, a few days ago Kassie
went and bought a cute little, 10 week old, cocker paniel, golden
retriever mix. They named her Sophie. she is absolutely adorable,
and follows me everywhere I go.
If it is any indication of how Ashlynne treats this little snowball
puppy, then Andrew had better watch out for his big sister.

(Sorry no pictures yet, I couldn't get it to copy to the blog!)

1 comment:

Shanda said...

What an adventure!! Congrats!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;