Monday, December 1, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Tonight, while trying to get Austin to take medicine for a croupy cold, he
gave me one of those not so often heard excuses. The conversation went as
follows:
Nana (that's me): "Austin, I need you to take some medicine to help you
feel better."
Austin: "No, I don't want to!"
Nana: "But, if you take the medicine it will help you stop coughing and
and help your runny nose."
Austin: I said I don't want to!
Nana: "But Austin, if you don't take the medicine how are you going to
feel better?"
Austin: (with his hands braced against the island of the kitchen, gritting
his teeth) "I said I don't want to, besides it's night time and moon makes
me sneeze. I'm not taking the medicine!"
Nana: Laughing, and trying to keep it together. "Well alright then, if that's
the best excuse you could think of, you don't have to take your medicine
until later. "
Austin:" Okay then! I won't."

I have truly heard a lot of excuses from this little guy, but this one was by
far the best so far.

1 comment:

Shanda said...

That is cute! Haven't heard that one for sure!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;