Saturday, December 13, 2008

One of my SOAPBOXES

I detest people and am completely aggravated by people
who think they know how to drive in the snow and they
haven't the foggiest idea that riding on your back bumper
and nearly in your back seat, driving far toooooo fast for
the road conditions, or people who have the coveted
4-wheel drive (for those interested in knowing, 4-wheel
drive doesn't help in the least when the conditions are icy!!!)
who believe they own the roads ; shouldn't be driving (this
includes my own sister); or better yet not in UTAH AT ALL!
I was out driving in the horrible storm and all of this and
more was happening on my way to West Jordan.
Between the I-80 connector to I-15 SB there were two "donuts"
that I personally saw--because they were driving too fast
for the conditions. One, a small car; the other a Chevy Blazer.
The Chevy Blazer guy spun (is spun a word? It sounds funny)
out 2 1/2 times, ended up going Northbound and the driver
kept his cigarette in his mouth!!! It would have served him
right if it had landed in his lap. Lucky for us we were in the far
right lane stopped,because of another accident, and he was
in the far left lane.
The entire trip to West Jordan took me 50 minutes in blizzard
-like conditions and it is generally a 20 min. drive. I had two
screaming toddlers in the back seat, fighting with each other
and I'm trying to keep VERY VERY calm; driving 35-40 mph
and keeping my distance from anyone who looks crazed enough
to be out in this weather. Chalk this one up to stupidity!

Okay, that's enough for this particular SOAPBOX.

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Gaylene!
Oh my Gosh! I hear ya! WE were just down there in that blasted snow storm and I tell you, there are some freakin idiots out there! But on the news last night in our motel room is what killed me, 187 accidents!! In one day! HELLO! I am just glad to be back home safe and sound off that slick freeway!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

You are right, we are going to be taxed for it, but at least we can enjoy it for the time being. Haha!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;