Saturday, August 1, 2009

WHAT HAPPENED TO JULY?

Where has the summer gone? I am just sitting here contemplating how soon August got here. It doesn't seem like that long ago that kids were getting out of school, and summer vacations began.

So it's August already and I have plans for at least two of the weekends this month. Not that they are all that exciting, but it seems like yesterday that the plans for the end of August were months away and it was never going to get here. And now here it is.

August's are always packed in our family with what seems like a million birthdays and a lot of weddings and anything else that can be packed in in a few short weeks.

I will tell you though I will be so, so glad for next weekend to be over with. I am the co-chair for our 30 year High School Reunion (it really feels more like 10 years and not 30 years, am I that old?) and my life has been inundated with e-mails and phone calls and reservation making and picking up cards and linens and meetings and you name it, I've done it. [Just a note to those of you who may be have been asked to be or are considering being on a school committee--please do it for those of us who are as busy as everyone else. No bodies live are any busier than anyone else's. And quite frankly it really will help out a lot.]

Maybe now that it is almost over, I will be able to get back to a somewhat normal semblance of life, if you can call my life normal. I actually forgot, until last night that is, that I was supposed to make a Presidency Meeting with one of our Baptism candidates on Thursday night and remembered last night at 8:30. If my mom hadn't reminded me that I have the Baptism this morning, I wouldn't have remembered at all. I am so sorry Walker. I really am not this flaky!

So--here it is Saturday, August 1 and I have a million things to do. So I better get off the computer and get to work.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;