Friday, August 21, 2009

LESSONS IN FALLING ASLEEP 101

I really had to laugh when Andrew was trying to go to sleep tonight. I was rocking him in the rocker and the other kids were watching the Disney Channel for quiet time.
He was a bit fussy and I had him over my shoulder at first. Then it was the fussing for the bottle routine, which turned out to be worthless, because he was already asleep--just fighting it.
When the first postition came up--I laughed out loud--He opened his eyes, looked at me and then went right back to dreaming of whatever 8 month olds dream about.
He was in five different positions from beginning to end til he was asleep enough that I could get up and put him down in his crib. It was pretty funny from my end--I guess you just had to be there.





Pix 1 & 2 are of the same position--except it is a side view and front view.
Pix 3 is how he was positioned after the bottle fell out and onto the growund.
Pix 4: his head was completely up and against the arm of the rocker and he continued to try and push it out of the way--only in his sleep!
Pix 5: He is now starting to get comfortable and go into his deep sleep.
Pix 6: Finally comfy! on his belly, leg hanging down. He has it made.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;