Wednesday, June 2, 2010

SUMMER AND GETTING OLDER

Summer at last--the kids can go outside without the threat of getting wet and my flowers popped right up as soon as the sun started to show a little bit more in the past few days. I love African Daisies and here is a picture of some pretty lavender and yellow hybrids that I bought at K-Mart of all places. Lavender and yellow and blue and yellow are my favorite color combinations. So you can probably understand why these appealed to me.


Last week our little Austin (5 1/2), who is not so little anymore, graduated from Pre-School and loved every minute of it and can hardly wait for school to start (in three months), graduated to a larger shoe size than 18 mons.--13's. He is now in big kid shoes and today he lost his first tooth after biting into an apple. Not only did he lose his tooth, but the tooth right next to it is loose as well, and he is thrilled the Tooth Fairy will be making an appearance.
He asked his mom if the Tooth fairy would be able to get in their room without waking all of them and since "I sleep with my hands under the pillow, will he try to move them and wake me up then, I would really like to get a good look at him."
It seems like yesterday that he was cuddling (he was the only child who cuddled)in the rocking chair and here he is with one tooth gone and another on the way out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;