Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FUNERALS

Yesterday, my friends and I set out, extremely early, for the Twin Falls area of Idaho. Hazelton to be exact. Our friend, Cherri, is from there and her father passed away on Father's day from complications of prostate cancer and bladder cancer. He has had a terrible go of it and this was a blessing for he and his family.
I was very impressed by the entire funeral, the services, Old glory flying in the breeze, the mature, former soldiers and the 21 gun salute (they were right on que), Taps (the bugler what incredible), and finally I have to say that this sight truly brought tears to my eyes nd a warm fuzzy feeling to my heart. What a tribute to a soldier who has passed on to the other side. I don't know if there is an official name for the rifle, boots and helmut stuck into the ground, but if there a soldierr out there who has served and passes away, I think this should be at every service. Talk about a reverence for patriotism.

Mr. Christopherson and his twin brother served together in the same unit (I believe) in the Pacific Theater in Okinawa. They were SeaBee's and quite honestly I don't hear much about the SeaBee's anymore. Rest in peace and comfort and know that your heroism, service and patriotism will not be forgotten by some.
Robin Boyd, Gaylene Bauer, Cherri Christopherson Woodland, Joyce Anderson and Coralie Monson

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;