Tuesday, June 8, 2010

VISIT WITH AN OLD FRIEND

I have been in contact with a friend of mine from Bryner Clinic (a long, long, time ago in another life) through Facebook. She found me a few months ago and we have been in contact since.
Debbie was my first offical room-mate when I was 19 years old. I needed to move out of the house. I worked with her. She said she needed a room mate and here we are some 29-30 years later.
Debbie and Her husband, Paul, were married on my 20th birthday, had two children and and later moved and now live in Eastern Virginia in a small town, that touts a Walmart(and that apparently is a big day in town). They live four hours from Richmond and 2 1/2 hours from Washington D.C.
I used to babysit her two kids for them when they wanted to get out for a breather and she wouldn't let a lot of people watch her kids for her unless she trusted them. Apparently I was trusted.
She sent me an e-mail the other day that she would be in Utah far sooner than she anticipated. Paul's step-mother had died very unexpectedly and they would be here for a few days. And a few days it was. They flew in Saturday and flew home today.

So on Sunday I took a little trip by myself, because that seems to be the story of my life these days, ALONE. I love Cache Valley and I really wish I didn't have the physicalproblems holding me back (weather mostly and asthma--terrible in the winter because of inversions) and I would move there in a heartbeat.
I met She and Paul at his father's in downtown Logan and from there we went to Paul's brother' and had dinner and just sat and talked.
It was good to get away and to talk to someone that was far removed from what has been going on in my life and someone that could it see different perspective, begin far removed from the situation.
After the guys got ready to head to the mortuary, we drove around for a little while and I took her back to their hotel room where she changed and then I dropped her off at the mortuary.

It was great to see her and we are planning a few things for girls get-togethers for a year from now and maybe, just maybe, I will catch a lpane and go visit her for a week or so and spend some much needed quiet time on their little beach ant their home in nowhere Virginia.

Oh, I finally gave in and cut my hair. I really have never liked long hair on me--I perfer it short and it's easy to maintain and it's not as hot! HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;