Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKSGIVING PRE-SCHOOL STYLE

I am apologizing to Liz at the beginning for these pictures. Hopefully she got a little bit more serious picture of the Austin and Kyle while they were learning about the Pilgrims and Thanksgiving--but Austin wasn't about to let me get away with a semi-decent picture of his pilgrim hat he made in pre-school. So Liz, I am so, so, sorry he wouldn't pose like a nice little 5 year old!

When I took the pictures he really wasn't interested in talking about why they made the hats and just what the pilgrims represent in this country, but yesterday it all came out--He told me about the Pilgrims and John Smith and the Indians, but I think he was more interested in the fact that they had rifles and went "deer hunting" as he called it! I don't know what Liz told him about Thanksgiving, but I can assure you she DIDN'T go into the "deer hunting methods" of how we get our Thanksgiving Turkey! But, gratefully, he wasn't graphic about shooting the turkey.

I know that I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to live in this wonderful country and have the ability to worship in a religion where we aren't persecuted in the way my pilgrims forefathers were. I am very truly thankful for the family and friends I have in my life. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;