Wednesday, December 2, 2009

BAHHH-HUMBUG


At this time of year, though it is supposed to be a time of "Good Cheer," "Holly in My Heart" and all of that stuff, I have a tendency to turn into a bit of a Grinchy Ebeneezer Scrooge! There I have said it. Yep this is me--especially when it comes to decorating the Christmas Tree. Keith has decided this year, since mom will be gone next year, that he wants a real tree. Fine with me, I love the smell, but I don't enjoy, in the least, putting on the lights and I get really angry and testy when it comes to doing this. "Now why not have Keith put them on you may ask,"? When it comes right down to it. The tree will go bare before he gets the lights on any tree and Andrew will have graduated from college with a PHd before he gets those lights on (Andrew turns one the 19th of December).

Now as you know, I love my husband, however, but when it comes to the not so important things, such as the lights on a tree or new kitchen chairs (which by the way I get to go out and purchase because he didn't keep up his end of the bargain--truly he never does), and also some very important stuff as well, he is a procrastinator, with a capital "PROCRASTINATE" and these letters bolded and capitalized with a size 200 font--it wouldn't begin to make you aware of how much he procrastinates and it would make it that much more frustrating and I don't see it ever getting any better or anything ever finished.
So thus, we have an artificial tree with the lights already strung on, so that Gaylene, a.k.a. Ebeneezer Grinch, doesn't have to worry about getting herself in a huff, getting angry and hating everything about Christmas because someone nominated me years ago to do the lights.
I truly hope that others are not as grinchy as I am and that everyone has a WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SEASON

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;