Friday, November 6, 2009

HAVE I MENTIONED?

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate being sick? I am the type of person who, if I am sick, can only tolerate one, maybe two days max. I am now headed into day number 5--count them five days. Fever, body aches, n/v/d (abbreviations for other not so pleasant symptoms), Yep it's the flu. Not only have I had it, but Keith, Kassie, Austin, Ashlynne and now Andrew have had or now have it. Mom and RJ, so far, are the only two who have yet to catch this nasty bug. RJ lucked out because he has been was out of town.

So I am going to just mention a few things that send me a little over the top (Sorry for the bad attitude, but after being sick for this long, I am entitled!)

1. Being sick for over two days.
2. Procrastination of others.
3. Not being able to do the things I did 10-15-20 years ago because of physical limitations.
4. Being very impatient.
5. Sick grandchildren--all three at the same time.
6. Being pre-menopausal! That being said, you can only imagine!
7. A house full of several people and no one seems to realize that things need to be picked up, put away, or washed. Or my personal favorites: not hanging up bath towels after they are used or changing the toilet paper roll when it is empty. Do people pealize that you don't die from changing the toilet paper roll!!
8. A car that needs to be turned over to the junk yard, yet need to wit 'til next year to get a new one.
9. The leaves not falling off of the trees fast enough--because I know with all of us being sick, we probably won't get around to them before the first big snow! Generally they are off the tree no later that the 1st of November. Here we are approaching the 7th and we still have a large fully established tree full of leaves.
10. And finally, have I mentioned not having a camera that works because the brand new one that I bought after the old camera was dropped and broken the night before Kassie's wedding had to be sent to Virginia to be repaired, because someone bumped into me and I dropped it while I was taking pictures at the wedding. Big time swear word!!! (for now we are useing my mom's that we barely figured out how to use and there is a reason that it was so inexpensive---it takes terrible picture)

Now that I have gotten that off of my chest--I feel a little better, not much, but a little. Feel free to let me know just how you feel or not. I promise I won't laugh, I will only commiserate with you and I won't even be offended if people don't write any comments, I just needed to blow off steam!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

You have every right to complain, and if you want to complain longer or louder, I'll still read your post and tell you I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! I wish it was all better RIGHT NOW.

And yeah, what is it about toilet paper? How hard is it to change a roll?

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

I do owe you for the correct John Stamos song. I will get on that, I completely forgot.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;