Saturday, July 18, 2009

GEORGE STRAIT CONCERT

I love MUSIC. Music in any form, with the exception of Rap (crap is a much closer verb) and Twang, Bluegrass. My mom wrote up a blurb about me one time for the singles newsletter in my singles ward that stated--She likes anything from Classical to Country. I was raised with music in our home, but more importantly, I was raised with a lot of COUNTRY MUSIC. I like country music. I don't apologize for it, so I am going to tell you about my first real love and then my second.
I grew up in the late 60's and 70's; growing up with the likes of the Beatles, Grass Roots, Monkees, the Mama's and the Papas, Neil Diamond, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, The Carpenters, The Jackson 5, The Osmond Brothers, Abba, Kansas, Boston, Rod Stewart (of which I will tell you I am a bit of a closet fan) -- you name them, I probably know a few of their songs. I also love music from Show tunes, Broadway, the Forties and Fifties. But being brought up with country music, We also listened to a lot of Marty Robbins, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Lynn Anderson, Mac Davis, Glen Cambell, just to name a few.
But the first love of my life--yes, the love of my life, was well, when I was 12--okay--brace--yourself-- was Donny Osmond (is that really a surprise from a teenage Mormon girl). Yep, I can still tell you when his birthday is. I had a few purple outfits, my own purple socks, had all of his albums (in the form of black vinyl records), taped his pictures to my wall. I went all out with this guy. I knew all the lyrics to all of his songs. And then I grew up and fell in love with George Strait.


That being said, George Strait has been around in the music business for a long time by today's standards. This man is appealing for several reasons. He has a great love of his family, he knows how to ride a horse (this wasn't the clincher, but he can so ride a horse) , his voice is very pleasant to listen to, and he looks great in a pair of Wrangler Jeans and looks wonderful in blue or pink western shirts, he is a gentleman and he isn't too showy and he isn't a glitz and glamour man like a lot of the stars, he is modest and doesn't go overboard on fame. He has a half cocked grin that would send most women into a major swoon--as he does me. I was reading the other day on a friend's facebook sight about his wife and a silent love affair she has with Matt Lauer. He said, " I love my wife and she loves Matt Lauer." Well Keith would definitely say that about me and King George. I love my wife and she loves George Strait. And he is okay with that, because face it--I have been married to Keith for nearly 13 years, I have loved George for nearly 30 years.
Here are a few of his pictures (they are a bit grainy)--the last two are pictures are the pix I took on my little rinky dink digital at the concert. It was a very nice concert once we got to the venue. But that is another story for another day! I don't want to go on for days about that, because it will just make me really mad all over again.

So now you know who my silent love affair is with. And truth be told, I wouldn't know what to do with him if he did come to my house. I would probably sit and gawk and wouldn't know what to say. I also feel that all people should have some level of privacy and I wouldn't call anyone and tell them he was here( more than likely because I would want him for myself and wouldn't remember how to use the phone).
So now the truth is out: I am just a regular type of person, with regular dreams and fantasies, just like everyone else.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;