Monday, February 2, 2009

UPDATE ON HANDU

Just a little note that Andrew is holding his own. He does have RSV,pneumonia, and a collapsed lung. Last night when I was at the hospital, the doctors talked about putting him on a C-pap, but as of this morning, they hadn't done it.
Ben and one of the High Priests from my our ward (Bro. Stevens) came up and administered a wonderful blessing upon him. However I do have to give Ben a little bit of a hard time on his particular wording.

I was listening very intently to what was said and sort of chuckled to myself when Ben said, "We bless you with the ability to walk out of this hospital." Now this could be taken two ways; either Andrew will be a very quick learner (remember he is only 6 wks old) or he will be in the hospital for some time and will be walking when he leaves.

But as a whole, the blessing was very comforting and helped all of us that are involved with this situation. But seriously, is was perfect. Kassie thought that by Ben giving Andrew the blessing she was going to have to commit to going back to church. Now wouldn't that be nice.




We are ready to have him home and his brother and sister are missing him. And Grammie and Nan need to hold him and love him.

2 comments:

Shanda said...

WOW! What a strong little dude!

Kerri said...

I'm glad for the update. I hope things improve quickly and that you guys can have a little less stress in your lives...is it possible?

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;