Friday, March 18, 2011

FIRST WEEK

The first week back on the job brought the following:
Monday--mostly observation and listening, etc. I was sitting in the middle of Melody and Maria and a patient's girlfriend came right up to me and started yelling at me that if they had to wait so long for the doctor, then we had better serve bottled water. When told that she could go to the pharmacy and purchase some or step out into the hall and get a drink from the fountain, she was very put out to say the least. You would have thought I had told her that she had to cut out the heart of her first born the way she acted.

Tuesday: Was in orientation, HIPAA Training, OSHA Training, clinic Goals and Expectations, yada, yada, yada!!! The computer testing for OSHA and HIPAA for two hours. It was an all day affair.

Wednesday: More observation, learning the ropes, learning the computer before official computer training and was hit on by a very small, dirty, Hispanic man (I don't want to offend anyone, but it always seems that these are the ones I get hit on by--I wouldn't even mind it so much if I could just look them in the eye!!!)
Through all of this I am learning a little more Spanish each day! I guess I understand more than I thought I did.

Thursday: Was a very dead day at work. Only 1 1/2 doctors in--wore head phones all afternoon and only had to listen in on 3 conversations, one of which was in Spanish, and played with the computer all day trying to figure it out.
I came home and told Kassie how dead the day was and Ashlynne piped up and asked me if I had been to a funeral all day!!! LOL!!!

Friday: I am not used to being on those phones and at a computer all day long with a break and I have a very stiff neck. Did more computer work and actually did some REAL WORK with patients. Had to acutally answer a few medical assistant questions.

In a few weeks I will go and train on the OB desk and see how they run their side of the building. Then in a month or so--I will be off to learn the medical assisting end of things. I really have a feeling I will never be bored in this job!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Sounds like you're on your way, Gaylene. I'm glad you survived.

Eh said...

Granger is lucky to have you. Here's to paying jobs and, hopefully, great work friends.

Pepsi and prayer will see you through!

Eh said...

jenny hatch writing under eh

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;