Sunday, March 13, 2011

BACK TO THE OLD GRINDSTONE

After 6 long months of searching for a job, the search has finally come to an end. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, at least 500 hundred pounds worth, and this will be my home away from home.

I will be a receptionist/medical assistant for 2 surgeons, 2 orthopedics, 1 plastic surgeon and 1 pain management doctor. I think I am going to be very busy!
The facility is in West Valley on 4100 South and just east of Bangerter Highway, which is about 4000 West. I was really hoping for something a little closer to home, but I am not going to be too picky these days. Especailly when jobs are few and far between.
A funny thing about it all is that as soon as I said yes to this position, I was offered another one on Thursday. It sounded like a great place to work, but I have bills to pay and they weren't able to pay me what Granger is paying.
So tomorrow morning at 9:00 I am back among the working stiffs! And I am sure after not having worked in an office that busy for a long while--I will be stiff by the time I arrive home.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Gaylene, I'll say a prayer for you tomorrow. I hope it's a wonderful fit and that the patients there love you as much as I always did.

Liz said...

Good Luck Gaylene! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I hope it not only fills your pockets with $$ but also your time and mind. Keeping busy is the only way I have found to not get down.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;