Saturday, January 22, 2011

I REALLY AM AN IDIOT!

Two Christmas' ago, Keith went all out for me and it was an electronic Christmas. I got a new digital camera, which has since been sent to the camera heaven in the local junk yard. A new computer, which somehow saw it's better days and should be sent to computer heaven, but I haven't had the gumption to do that, besides, my cousin is taking the guts out of it and I will have the hardware in case I need it--why, I don't know, because we got a huge memory bank and transferred it, but I guess it is the fear of "just in case." I also got a portable dvd player that gets used nearly every week by one of the kids when they don't wnat to watch waht one of the others is watching!
But the funniest one is that I got an MP3 player, similar to the one in this picture. I don't know why I wanted it, but I got it and yes, I have never ever used it. .

Yes, I am really an idiot. I could never get it to work and quite honestly, never took the time to figure it out. And if you are wondering about operating instructions, for some reason, they never came with it. The store told Keith I could come in and he would show me how to download to it, but I never did, and I never did and, well...you get the picture. I finally sat down today and figured it out! Yep--two years and one month later. After all, it is the only thing that isn't broken and seen it's better days. Guess what? I works!!!

Quite honestly, it wasn't that hard, but I guess I just didn't have it in me to figure it out in the past two years.
Here's to some music while I work (if I could ever get a job)!

2 comments:

Liz said...

You REALLY are NOT an idiot Gaylene!!! I'm proud of you for figuring it out! Thanks for dropping by today! Alison got excited about the new clothes!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Don't worry things like that normally are tough to figure out but once you have done it, it is easy. Ben had to show me how to work our Ipods!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;