Monday, January 24, 2011

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Oprah announced today that...are you sitting down for this?...that she has a a half sister! The horror and shock of it all.

Well, I am here to tell you that I have plenty in my family alone, that have step brothers, half brothers and sisters, adopted children, and if you really want me to get into the nitty gritty of it all my mother is:

one of two children (Clair and Gwen..children of Pete and Lucile,)
an only child (raised and adopted by her aunt and uncle (Lois and Al) after her mother's death),
the second child in a family of six (Clair, Gwen, Eileen, Trina, Curly and Buffy-- a step-child to Myrtle (Pete's second wife) and children to Pete),
and then the oldest of nine children: Gwen, Steve,Penny, Barbara, Condalee, Jeff, John, Sally and Sandy!!!

So if Oprah can make a big deal out of being a half sister to Patty What's her name--I have this all on one family line--no kidding. If you don't believe me, I will write it all out for you on paper!!!

This is why I do not watch television. Eat your heart out Oprah! I bet you wish you could claim this family line!!!

2 comments:

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

You make me laugh! It's only a big deal because it's Oprah.

Gaylene said...

I know, but it is stupid. She acts like she is th only person out there who has skeletons in their closet or a strange and horrible pedigree! For Pete's, sake..her mother made a mistake and didn't want the world to know...until now I guess!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;