Sunday, November 14, 2010

THE CATS ARE AWAY-THE MICE HAVE PLAYED

This 4 1/2 year old has, or rather had, hair down to nearly her mid-back. Tonight, while I was talking to my sister in the living room, the two big kids, Austin and Ashlynne, were in the kitchen being awfully quiet. A few minutes later, my sister headed for the kitchen and much to her surprise,











This is what she found. Austin, a pair of scissors and a sister without a big chunk of hair from the back and from her side. Andrew and Kelson were just observing the incident as innocent bystanders!
I must say I thought is was rather humorous and I wondered when it was ever going to happen and quite frankly I am surprised it hasn't happened earlier, but of course it had to happen this week while their mom and dad are in sunny Cabo San Lucas, Mexico taking a belated honeymoon and attending the wedding of one of RJ's cousins.

Needless to say--Ashlynne will be getting a lot more hair cut off tomorrow, thanks to Austin and his not so adequate haircutting skills.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Whoa! I'm sure she'll look darling with a little bob! I haven't dealt with that yet with Alison, but Kyle cut a little piece off the front (no biggie for a boy). Both boys have cut their stuffed animals hair, though! I guess they all go through it! Thanks for letting Alison play with you and Ashlynne during Sacrament Meeting yesterday! We love you guys!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;