Thursday, November 18, 2010

BEFORE AND AFTER





Did I mention that I have had these kids for eight days in a row and one or more at my side, or at least in the near vicinity of my side, while their mother and father did a "pseudo honeymoon" in Cabo San Lucas.

Ashlynne's hair did turn out cute, thanks to that adorable 6 year old brother of hers. I actually laughed about it when it happened. I am not so sure mom and dad are going to feel the same. I know her Grandma Cindy was none to happy about the cutting of the locks. FYI: Mom and dad don't know about the damages yet, so this will be very interesting when they arrive home tomorrow night to see the biggest damage of the week--unless of course the house burns down or a tree falls into the house form the wind! Let's just pray that this all doesn't happen!!

Other things that have happened this week are: Andrew threw a heavy toy at me on Monday and bloodied my lip and it was fat for 2 days. Austin wasn't at all happy with me when I told him "NO" the other day when he wanted something---he felt he deserved it because he is Austin and he picked up his plate and threw his food all over the kitchen! (I wonder why I detest sweeping and mopping all the time). Austin and Andrew have both been sick and having all three home during the day yesterday just about did me in! And although Austin was sick with fever, flu symptoms, etc--he certainly didn't act sick!

Ashlynne went on her first official date with the little boy down the street. Andrew is absolutely in love with her and yammers on about her all day to his poor mother, until she finally gives in and gets Ashlynne down to play or takes her with them to the aquarium. They had a great time and he was actually mad at his big brother for talking to her. I told my mother she may have a wedding to attend when she gets home in 7 months!

Andrew's mother and I have been laughing about this for a week--who knew that 4 1/2 years olds could be so enamoured with someone else of that age. He winks at her, fixes his hair for her, is jealous about her--it is so funny!!! I guess I will have to get her to go to church more often if we are planning on a "Temple Wedding". What's the going age these days without having to have parental consent?

there have been other things that have put me over the edge, but these are what stick out right now and that I can think of at 12:00 at night!

Wish me luck that I live through til tomorrow evening! I told Kassie tonight when she talked to the kids on the phone that I was walking out the door as they are coming in. I think I will leaving Dodge as soon as they return--this is just far too much for one near 50 year old to handle!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love this post! I'm glad she had fun. What a cute girl. I can see why Andrew is in love with her.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;