Thursday, October 28, 2010

HARVEST FUN

The day was perfect for a small outing to the Black Island Farms in Syracuse. I bundled Ashlynne and Andrew up and headed North. KoriAnn and Brighton headed South and we met in the middle. It was a trifle windy and a tad bit nippy but we survived.
Ashlynne is our little dare devil who at one point we lost, not that I am a bad grandmother, just that she is faster than I am and outran me to the farm train and was on it and rode around the farm before I could get there. She is quite independent and loves to do things "right now." Not waiting around for her.
Andrew on the other hand likes to explore, but always keeps you within his sites, especially if he thinks something might not seem as nice as he first thought; but then he gets the hang of something and continues on, sometimes having to be pried away and carried off kicking and screaming.








Brighton was definitely ready to call it a day. It turned out to be not such a bad day, a good deal, and I got a free, very large onion and medium carrot out of the outing!
Thanks KoriAnn for inviting us!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;