Saturday, April 24, 2010

MY WEEK IN REVIEW


SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY MORNING 12:10 a.m.: Flooding of the basement number one that lead to the first ER visit with Keith's hand that included the smashing of his pinkie, ring and middle fingers of his left (and dominant hand--now we are the proud owner of a gold wedding band that has been cut in half)
MONDAY MORNING: The Sewer Cleaner Outer People (as Ashlynne called them) were here
thanks to our wonderful nephew Ben and his handy dandy knowledge of plumbing people and their equipment.
TUESDAY MID-MORNING: a nice little trip to the park to get the kids out of the house and play in the freedom and wide open spaces
That resulted in emergency room visit number #2 when Keith tripped on the cement--holding Andrew and trying to avoid Andrews head from crashing into the cement bench at the park--covered his head with his hand that he hurt yesterday morning and dislocated his index finger of the same hand--but he saved the baby--Woo hoo!!!

TUESDAY NIGHT: brings more mayhem! As Keith is preparing for bed--he goes down stairs and is shocked (electrically) because he is barefoot and the basement is flooded again!!! Great!!!.... I call my nephew at 11:00 at night. I will be on it first thing in the morning. (Let me also say that my basement isn't near as clean as the one shown in the picture I posted)
WEDNESDAY MORNING: I have an assignment at Welfare Square for the bakery and having only had a shower last night, I felt I was alright. The guy comes out to review our flooding problem and has to go down to the city for plans of the sewer lines and get Blue Stakes on the case. Have I mentioned we are in a downpour right night and they can't dig until it lets up--no water tonight!!!
THURSDAY MORNING: The Blue Stakes Guy and the Backhoe arrive at 8:00 a.m. and the Kids find that it is very great entertainment--especially when they are digging up roots that are bigger around that the hitting end of a baseball bat!! And mind you they are digging up my perfectly manicured lawn (yeah, right!!!)

THURSDAY NIGHT: I head for bed with a little nausea and stomach pain and go to bed thinking I have just had an exhaustive week--oh but wait, there is more!
FRIDAY AM: I wake up with a full, blown on case of INFULENZA--fever, N/V/D (all the unmentionable tummy stuff) and body aches that would have put any one to shame that hadn't worked out in a month of Sunday's. I was in pain and I was in bed for the duration.
SATURDAY: The fever broke early this morning but the body aches are still there--I have debated about whether to go to my friend's wedding. We'll see how I feel at noon. The wedding is at 2:00. I am glad that if I do go it is a very casual affair. Wear jeans the invitation said. I wore khaki slacks and I felt over dressed. The groom dressed in a polo shirt and levi shorts and the bride was in white capri pants,ruffled blouse, denim vest and flip flops.
My what a week I have had and I hope to never have to do this one over again--good riddance!!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

UGH!!! I feel so awful that you had such an awful week! Let's hope this week is more CALM!

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

When it rains is poors, right?

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;