Sunday, March 21, 2010

PEEPS


For those of you that know my family, you know that Easter is mine and mom's favorite time for candy. And by candy, we mean PEEP's--not Peep's as in People--PEEPS as in Marshmallow Peeps! Yep these are the best. Especially when they have gone hard! Mom likes them rock solid--I like them just barely hard, with a little softness left.
Mom called tonight to let me know that one of our family friends had sent her a care package in the mail and in it she found PEEPS--she was overjoyed! Thanks Cannon's you made her day and week complete!!!
Little does she know that the Kids and I sent PEEP's this past week and she should be getting that supply anyday now. So she is set for a few weeks. And she won't have to share--Sister Homer won't eat sugar of any kind!

Several (25 at least) years ago, I dated a guy that asked my sister what he could get to put in an Easter basket for me as a gift. She told him that if you really want to make her happy--just buy PEEPS's--no chocolate--just PEEP's. So that is what he did. I came home and found a HUGE basket at my doorstep full of Easter grass and PEEP's. I was thrilled.

When I went to find images of PEEP's I found that there is a PEEP's fan club--lol!!! I may have to join and put mom's name in too!
So if you want to make me or my mom really happy--buy us pure sugar and softness--"PEEP's" for Easter.
Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I didn't know that! :)

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;