Tuesday, January 5, 2010

RESOLUTIONS?

I don't make resolutions because I never abide by them. So if I think to myself that oh, it's the first of the month rather than the first of the year--something may get done.
Since mom is going on an extended trip for 18 months, Kassie and I have decided to try and get the men in the house (grown men that is) to rinse off their dishes and put them in the dishwasher--NOW--not in three days or when one of us does it! Do you think it will work? who knows?
Reading my scriptures on a more than once or twice a year basis. I figured I would begin on Sunday and so far, so good. But then it is only Wednesday.
Picking up after everyone when something happens and not waiting til evening to get it done. We'll see about this one--sometimes I am just far too tired to walk to the next room, let alone, pick up a toy or piece of paper the kidshave dropped or left out.
This is a very short list and there are thousands of things that need to be worked on or done--but I will start here and hopefully build on it.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I like the idea of starting every month...I'm sure I'll need to restart a bunch of mine Every Single Month!!! Love you!

Jenny Hatch said...

My new years resolution is to make ONE monthly goal. Same same you and I. Well not really same as you will be accomplishing more. But anyway CHEERS to us!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;