Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WEDDING WOES

So these two are FINALLY getting married after 6 years and three children. I don't make any excuses for them other than they are really slow and that they should have taken care of all of this a long, long time ago. But I also wouldn't change those adorable kids of theirs for anything.

Here is what's happening in our world.

We have thrown this thing together in essentially 2 months--with about a week and a half thrown in there that we changed dates and then decided that they weren't going to get married after all. All things considered--it hasn't been too bad--except Kassie, she rants and raves at EVERY LITTLE THING! She doesn't do well under pressure of any sort.

RJ's boss told him two weeks ago he had to go to Vernal to do a project for work and would have to stay until it was finished. Well, he hasn't left yet and now he is set to leave next Wednesday and be gone until the day before the wedding. He hasn't gone to look into his Tuxedo! That, I agree is a bit stressful. But everything is pretty much in order other than minor things that have to be done closer to the day.

I went to look at the place that RJ rented and I am SICK--but that is where he wants it, so I have got to become a wizard overnight and decide how to decorate this lovely "DUMP". Anyone with any suggestions!

He rented it because it is "BIG" and can handle his entire family. The family is huge--They are from the hispanic community--so they are related to almost everyone and their reindeer! It is also a place where they can drink, because if they can't drink, they won't have fun according to RJ. As for our family and Kassie's family, there may be about 25 caucasians in attendance. I am a little frightened at what may go on--especially in the neighborhood that it is in.

And the Mexican Community has very different traditions than us "Melting Pot" Scandahoovian, German, English, traditionalists have.

If the Maid of Honor/Best Man leave the side of the Bride/Groom, they can be kidnapped by anyone in the family--okay....the Hispanic version of Chivaree! Not a big deal (they have three children for Pete's sake!) But if the cake is left by itself with no candles around it (2 for good measure) then the cake can be stolen!
What the heck! I have never heard of this. They also have a dance ritual where you have to pay to dance with the bride or groom and then the money goes to the couple at the end of the night--I have been to weddings that have done this before---but this sheltered Mormon Community that our family and her family is from, they don't get it--we don't bring money to our weddings--unless it is in a wedding card!

So what to do about a few things. If anyone has any great ideas on how to make the dump look like it has been turned into a less than horrible eyesore--I am open for suggestions. Oh did I mention, there is no money left!!! So I really need to become that wizard, or where is Samantha Stevens when you need her?

1 comment:

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

You crack me up! I serioulsy laughing while reading this whole post.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;