Saturday, October 10, 2009

13 YEARS AND COUNTING

Keith and I will have been married this coming Monday, October 12th for thirteen years and counting.
I will tell you that it hasn't been the easiest road I have taken and sometimes not the funnest road either, and for all of my complaints, I really do love this man with all of my heart and soul.
We have our ups and downs, out fights and making up and through all of this, he still loves me. I am really not sure why, but he does. I am very grateful to this wonderful man who is very kind, gentle and compassionate, and is very even-tempered. Something I really don't think I possess.
He is extremely quirky,odd to a fault sometimes, and has some very strange ideas about some things and if you really look hard into this mans soul you will find that he was born, as I was, in the wrong generation. He is a child of depression parents and he acts as if tomorrow will be the day when he should have saved something like a plastic bag, a piece of foil, a throw-away carton, a pair of shoes (that even any self-respecting pioneer wouldn't buy from DI), or a piece of paper.
I know I scream and rant alot (outwards and inwards) about his stupid little habits, good and bad, but I guess those are also the reasons I love this guy.

Happy Anniversary. I love you Keith.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Congrats, you guys. We love you!

Camille said...

Congratulations! I find it inspiring and amazing that two people, different in some ways and similar in others, can put their hearts and minds together and make it work. Keep it up - you're both wonderful examples to me!

Jenny Hatch said...

Wow! Congratulations-13 years and counting. I love the "and counting" part best. And this picture of teh two of you really is great.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;