Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WHAT DID YOU LEARN TODAY?

Austin started a little pre-school (by little I mean 2 boys) at my friend Liz' house. She is a former First grade school teacher and she is wonderful with children. The other boy is her son Kyle. Austin loves Kyle and was very anxious to go to their house today.
So off we went to the Hughes house at 9:15 for school at 9:30. Liz takes Austin for 1 1/2 hours and I take Alison, their daughter while she has the boys.
Today they learned about cows and what a baby cow is called. When I asked him at home to tell Papa what baby cows are, his answer was "Well, they are cow kids!" So does that make them goats and not cows? When I reminded him that a baby cow is a calf, he said, "Oh yeah, I remember--they are what Nana said!"
They learned the Nursery Rhyme "Hey Diddle, Diddle" and have a poem called "Little Calf".










"Good morning, little calf," gentle mother cow said,
"It's time to get up from your sweet hay filled bed."
Little calf jumped, stamped his feet, swished his tail,
And followed him mother past a shiny milk pail.
Out in the barnyard, holding his head high,
Little calf looked up to the blue, blue sky,
Birds flying past chirped a joyful song,
Little calf smiled, and felt happy all day long.

One thing he said was that he didn't want to go back--probably because Liz doesn't let him play on the computer. Later he admitted to Keith that he really did like it and that he wanted to go back. Thursday won't be here soon enough!

1 comment:

Liz said...

They were super cute today! I hope he wants to keep coming back. I feel the pressure to keep him entertained! ;)

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;