Tuesday, September 8, 2009

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES....

This cute little thing is a constant trial to me--she is a girly girl that flips her hair, a dance diva, a music diva, a tomboy dressed in curls and pink, a Hypocondriac with a capital "H", and so much more. She can turn on the tears at the drop of a hat or the mention of bedtime. And I absolutely adore her and her sense of humor. She is a funny child (So is Austin for that matter). But tonight she came up with a good one.

Quiet time at our house is highly under-rated. By this I mean that it is very difficult to get these children to settle down, let alone be quiet. They are loud and noisy and come by it quite naturally. Our house is not quiet. Their mom and dad aren't quiet, their cousins, aunts, and uncles aren't quiet, none of their grandparents are quiet and when my mom or I blow--watch out below!!! We are YELLERS.

Okay, now that I have your attention, she was down with Keith tonight for "QUIET TIME." We have to separate these children or they will become the "Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat" at any given moment. So Keith is with her downstairs and he is carrying on a nice little conversation with her and asking about her day and so on and so forth. He was telling Ashlynne, for some odd reason---remember she is 3 1/2, that her Nana (that's me) is very BOLD in her manner of loyalty to what she believes in and what she doesn't and she will not hold back in telling others just how she feels in regards to a certain topic. (Wow, he talks about this stuff to the kids--who knew?--- I always talk about KID STUFF with them.
Ashlynne in her 3 1/2 year old mind replied, "Uh, uh, Papa; Nana's not BOLD, she has a lot of hair."
So much for his serious conversation with a toddler! It was laughter for the remainder of the evening.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

So funny...I love that you're not "bold."

Liz said...

I'm glad that you're not "bold!" Ashlynne's a little thinker!!! Cute!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;