Thursday, January 22, 2009

UTAH IN JANUARY

Utah is absolutely beautiful, unless it's January. If you don't live in Utah and have never experienced the dreaded "inversion", here's your chance.

No matter which direction you look there is "GUNK" everywhere. You can't see the mountains in either direction and you can barely see a car in from of you sometimes.

This is a bad year, but I've seen worse. Generally it lasts for 2-3 weeks, but I can remember the year 1980 that we had it around for nearly 8 weeks. It was awful. Especially for those with lung problems.

(Looking East, you can barely see the mountains)

Looking South, you can sort of see the "red" dodge in front of me. It's only a half of a block away.
Looking West at Downtown from "A" Street in the Avenues and City Creek Apartments at the bottom of 3rd Avenue.
And, looking North, from LDS Hospital and State Street

and looking directly from LDS Hospital at the Capitol Building. Generally you can see the entire valley. But there is no distinction in color when this stuff hits the valley. Everything is a dull gray!

The only thing I have good to say about the inversion season is that it does make for the beginnings of some nice sunsets!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Bluch!!!! I don't know how I should spell that, but that's how I feel when I look outside! And...Yeah for you getting your pictures on! I'm so proud of you!

Kerri said...

Look at how cute your blog is looking! Way to go!

I HATE the inversion. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! I want it to go away NOW. (And my family does too, because I am a super grump.)

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Staying very close to home. I'll rarely work at the theatre in Perry anymore. It took me fifteen minutes from my house to the theatre just walking(Cherokee and I walked over there, cuz I wanted too see how long it would take me to walk, it's nice little stroll.) I then drove from my house to the theatre also timed it (it took me exactly 1 minute and 45 seconds) Not to shabby!!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;