Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scrooged again!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

We just got back from a quick trip to Idaho Falls for the
wedding ceremony of my cousin's daughter.
I truly have to admit that as much as I enjoy traveling,
no matter the length of the trip, upon traveling home;
I become SCROOGE, with a Large, LARGE, CAPITAL
"S".

I think the reason for this is that I pack for a nice little
trip, then I have to come home, unpack the car, unpack
the suitcases, put everything away, do the laundry,
then it's back to the daily grind-stone. My dad was
like this too. About 100 miles from home, in any given
direction, we both turned into the beast from !@#$!
Why?
Who can say or speculate. It happens every single time.
And, it seems to be getting worse the older I get.

Fair Warning: It would be safe to say that if you travel
with me, beware of the last 100 miles of the trip (I even try
not to talk, because I know how I get. Then if I do talk,
well; who knows what may happen!) So, traveling with me?
Beware!! I am apologizing in advance.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Gaylene, that's so funny. I think David has the same tendency on car trips...usually about 75-100 miles from home. How funny!

Hope your Sunday isn't too stressful so you can have a little time for relaxation.

Shanda said...

You are hilarious! We were happy to see you guys though! Even though you had to "scrooge" on the way back home! Poor Keith and Gwen! HE HE

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;