Monday, February 8, 2010

EMOTIONAL

Sunday's generally are because I am a little more laid back. But, this one was different. Today was ONE OF THOSE DAYS! Today was the Sunday I was to do sharing time in Primary and I felt guilty because I didn't have to prepare anything--I'm not in the presidency anymore. It felt odd to sit through Sunday School and Relief Society without moving around and telling children to Sh! or to fold their arms and be reverent or taking someone to the restroom or sending them off to class or listening to the music. During Sunday School from down the hall I could hear the new song for this year-- "I Know My Savior Loves Me"-- and had a difficult time holding back the tears. What was I doing there?

During Relief Society Debbie C got up and bore her testimony and I cried through that. After RS, Jacob Z, said hello to me and he is a newer member of the ward and I nearly lost my tears then too. What is the matter with me?

I was invited by a friend to come out and talk while her fiancee' had a Super Bowl party to catch up with life and when I left the house, there in my mailbox was a heart shaped muffin and Thank You notes from a family of three children in the ward. As I said earlier, I was having an emotional day and that just sent me over the emotional roller coaster hill a little more. I sat in my car and bawled my eyes out.

I know that time really does heal all wounds, and not that I was wounded, I just felt out of place in a place where I had been forever up until 4 1/2 years ago.
I will miss Primary, but I also know those children are in good hands. The Lord would not call women who were terrible to teach those sweet children.

Alright, now I just have to buck up and go about my regular business and get back in the RS swing of things.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Well, I WAS still in Primary and I felt very out of place!!! This is a weird change! I cried when they brought the cards over, too! Cute Stewart's!!!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;