Wednesday, June 24, 2009

MANTI PAGEANT















Keith has Sundays through Wednesdays off and this year we decided we were going to take the kids to see the Manti Pageant. My thought was to take the two big kids. Keith thought we should take them all. Guess who won out on this one? Mom came along too.
We also decided, rather than attempt the four hours trying to get out of town and then another 2 hours home, that we would rent a motel room. the scene from our motel room was a terrific view of the Temple The pictures with the Bright White Temple with the flags) .
While the kids unwound and we ate some dinner, Andrew decided to roll over for the first time and I got it on video. He was trying so, so hard, but he just couldn't get passed his right arm--and then it happened.
Keith went to the end of the bed and was egging him on and yep, there he went. Right over.
Austin was really excited about the volcano erupting and the Nephites and the Lamanites fighting in battle--especially on the temple grounds. Ashlynne was thrilled that one of the Nephite girls let her try out her head cover and so we got a picture of this. She was in heaven. Deep down she is a actress waiting to be discovered.
The weather was perfect. The skies were clear, so clear I saw a satellite move across the sky that was so small you really could mistake it for a star and I saw two shooting stars. It was a bit chilly once the sun went down, but we had jackets and blankets to wrap up the kiddoes. But there was no RAIN!!! Imagine that. There has been no rain for three days. (Keith actually went out and watered tonight--what was he thinking; that it was getting a little dry out there!!)
After the pageant all we had to do was walk across the street and we were in bed for the night (the first picture shows just how exhausted these children were. We had Ashlynne in the stroller pushing her back to the motel and she was so tired she fell forward and almost fell out of the stroller onto the lawn).
After a terrible night's sleep with Andrew up every two hours, we headed home this morning--it was the beginning of our "stay-cations." We are keeping everything in Utah, with the exception of a little side-trip in August to Yellowstone with Keith's sister and brother-in-law. But we are staying put this year. (My mother just reminded me that she, Genette, and I have to go to Las Vegas at the end of August for a 50 Year Wedding Anniversary Party. Oh joy--I hate Vegas with a passion!!!)

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Fun, Gaylene! I've never been. Maybe next year. I think the hotel idea is brilliant.

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Looks like you survived the trip. I am glad that you survived so that we can go to the temple on friday. I need some spiritual feeding.

Liz said...

What beautiful pictures! I like your stay-cations too!!! We haven't been for years...time we took the kids!

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;