Monday, April 27, 2009

I got a call from my sister yesterday morning telling me she had just been in a car accident and to please come and get her.
She is not a church-going soul--so I was quite surprised to hear she was actually on her way to a missionary farewell when the accident occurred.
Luckily for Genette, she was following her friend's sister and Kimmy saw it happen, so she pulled over to help. Kimmy missed her nephew's farewell all in the name of friendship to help out Genette.
Fortunately, both driver's walked away from the accident with only minor cuts, scrapes and bruises and a lot of sore muscles.
Unfortunately, it was Genette's fault and she only had liability on her car, so she won't get any type of reimbursement for her formerly cute little vapor blue bug. And both cars were completely totalled.

Strange things happen when you're in an accident. She has bumps and bruises in places you wouldn't think were hit, but the impact knocked her shoes completely off and when Kimmy asked Genette where her shoes were, Genette said, "I don't know, they were on my feet when I left home."
Also when the paramedics arrived, he asked her , "Genette, what is your name?"
Genette's being the smart aleck that she is said, " Duh, it's Genette, you just told me.'
His response was that she must be fine then.
Gratefully they are both alright, but now the little blue bug has gone to the car heaven in the sky! We will miss you Herbie!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

OOHHH! That looks horrible! I'm glad she's O.K. Sorry about the car!

Kerri said...

Oh man, I'll stop complaining about my accident. What a nightmare. Glad she's okay.

About Me

My photo
Keith and I were married on October 12,1996 in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. We have no children but raised one child, Kassie, who is actually my niece. We have 3 adorable grandchildren, Austin 5, Ashlynne 4, and Andrew 1. It has become apparent that our home has an OPEN-DOOR policy, since a lot of people have come and gone through our doors. I retired from the medical profession in Aug of 2007 after nearly 30 years and spend my time taking care of these three very lively, often funny,and very active children. My mother lives with us, however she is serving in the Illinois Peoria Mission and will return in July of 2011. Keith is an R.N. and works at a local rehab center in the Mental Health department. One day we hope to finish our home and travel more;